Council on Ethics
The role of the Council on Ethics for the Government Pension Fund Global (GPFG) is to evaluate whether or not the Fund’s investment in specified companies is inconsistent with its Ethical Guidelines.
- The Council’s activities
- GPFG’s Ethical Guidelines
- Norges Bank manages the Fund and makes decisions to exclude companies from the Fund’s portfolio based on advice from the Council.
- The Council’s recommendations will be made public on this website.
- Norges Bank provides a list of companies excluded from the Fund’s portfolio.
- The Council’s secretariat prepares the cases for the Council.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Foreword by the Council’s chair
- The work of the Council on Ethics
- Human rights, war and conflict
- Environment and climate
- Gross corruption and other serious financial crime
- Product-based criteria
- Company’s sale of arms to certain states
- Shipbreaking in Bangladesh, Pakistan and India
- Use of endangered animals in traditional Chinese medicine
San Leon Energy Plc – revocation of exclusion
The Council on Ethics recommends that the exclusion of San Leon Energy Plc be revoked. San Leon Energy Plc was excluded ...
Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone Ltd
The Council on Ethics recommends that Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ) be placed under observation due to ...