Council on Ethics
The role of the Council on Ethics for the Government Pension Fund Global (GPFG) is to evaluate whether or not the Fund’s investment in specified companies is inconsistent with its Ethical Guidelines.
- The Council’s activities
- GPFG’s Ethical Guidelines
- Norges Bank manages the Fund and makes decisions to exclude companies from the Fund’s portfolio based on advice from the Council.
- The Council’s recommendations will be made public on this website.
- Norges Bank provides a list of companies excluded from the Fund’s portfolio.
- The Council’s secretariat prepares the cases for the Council.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Chair’s report
- The work of the Council on Ethics 2018
- The Council’s work under the human rights criterion
- Working conditions in the textiles and garment industry
- The Council’s work under the environment and climate criteria
- Environmentally harmful fishing
- The Council’s work under the corruption criterion
- Companies’ sales of weapons to parties in armed conflict
Petroleo Brasileiro SA
Recommendation to discontinue observation of Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras). Petrobras is a Brazilian company which operates within the oil and ...
Recommendation to exclude G4S PLC from the Government Pension Fund Global On April 8, 2019, the Council on Ethics recommended ...