Council on Ethics
The role of the Council on Ethics for the Government Pension Fund Global (GPFG) is to evaluate whether or not the Fund’s investment in specified companies is inconsistent with its Ethical Guidelines.
- The Council’s activities
- GPFG’s Ethical Guidelines
- Norges Bank manages the Fund and makes decisions to exclude companies from the Fund’s portfolio based on advice from the Council.
- The Council’s recommendations will be made public on this website.
- Norges Bank provides a list of companies excluded from the Fund’s portfolio.
- The Council’s secretariat prepares the cases for the Council.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co Ltd
On 14 January 2020, the Council on Ethics recommended that Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co Ltd be excluded from investment ...
PetroChina Co Ltd
The Council on Ethics maintains its previous recommendation to exclude PetroChina Co Ltd (PetroChina) from the Government Pension Fund Global ...