Council on Ethics
The role of the Council on Ethics for the Government Pension Fund Global (GPFG) is to evaluate whether or not the Fund’s investment in specified companies is inconsistent with its
- The Council’s activities
- GPFG’s Ethical Guidelines
- Norges Bank manages the Fund and makes decisions to exclude companies from the Fund’s portfolio based on advice from the Council.
- The Council’s recommendations will be made public on this website.
- Norges Bank provides a list of companies excluded from the Fund’s portfolio.
- The Council’s secretariat prepares the cases for the Council.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Council on Ethics Annual Report 2017
Selected sections from the report:
Kosmos Energy Ltd. and Cairn Energy Plc. – revocation of exclusion
Kosmos Energy Ltd. and Cairn Energy Plc. were excluded from the Government Pension Fund Global in 2016 due to the ...
PetroChina Co Ltd
On 8 December 2016, the Council on Ethics recommended the exclusion of PetroChina Co. Ltd. from the GPFG due to ...