Council on Ethics
The role of the Council on Ethics for the Government Pension Fund Global is to evaluate whether or not the Fund’s investment in specified companies is inconsistent with its
- The Council’s activities
- Norges Bank manages the Fund and makes decisions to exclude companies from the Fund’s portfolio based on advice from the Council.
- The Council’s recommendations will be made public on this website.
- Norges Bank provides a list of companies excluded from the Fund’s portfolio.
- The Council’s secretariat prepares the cases for the Council.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Council on Ethics Annual Report 2017
Selected sections from the report:
Exclusion of Dongfeng Motor Group Co. Ltd. revoked
In 2014, the Council recommended that the exclusion of Dongfeng Motor Group Co. Ltd. be revoked. Please find the Council’s ...
Dongfeng Motor Group Co. Ltd. excluded because of sale of military equipment to Burma
In 2008, the Council recommended that Dongfeng Motor Group Co. Ltd. be excluded because of its sale of military equipment ...